Thursday, January 14, 2016

Hi, Controversy. How Have You Been?

'Bout To Get All Valentine Up In Here...

Hello, Beautiful People.

I'm sure we all know it's about time To think about Valentine's Day gift shopping. Greeting card companies really make a killing by celebrating a true "Lady Killer". Seriously. The guy murdered women. People eat it up. Go figure.

For some, it's just another day. Shouldn't we be showing our love to our partners every day? I think so. But some folks need a special day. For many, it's all they've got. Think about it. How many of us need to work hard to schedule a special "Date Night" just to be able to spend some true quality time with the ones we love? No matter how bad you think you have it... some have it worse. If not for special days like this, they would probably never get that special time together.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for the day. We celebrate so many things. Why not take a day to celebrate love? So many holidays have love as an underlying theme. Love of family. Love of country. Love of those on the other side. Many of these holidays are centered around giving gifts. This one is no different.

Here's The Kicker

I started working with some of my friends to make a video for my jewelry business. It's a video for Valentine's Day. Sure it centers around LOVE. I decided to do something a bit different. We always see your typical couples doing typical gift exchanges. It's all over the TV, billboards, posters, magazines, etc. I figured it was time to take a broader view of Love. It takes many forms. Why not show some?

So I gathered some of my friends to create something... well... whole. While I wasn't able to touch on every type of love, (let's face it... the video would be months long) I did try to touch on something that should be addressed. I know I'm going to lose a number of followers with this but it has to be done. 

Let me just say this. "LOVE IS LOVE!!!" There is no one with the right to tell anyone who they should and should not love. It's simple truth. Judge not lest ye be judged. Get it?

Over here, on the Dark Side, we don't judge. This video is my simple way of showing how beautiful love is in all its forms. Not just the ones that were safe to air on primetime television in 1973.

The gift of love should be shared. So... This Valentine's Day, remember these words:



Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.


On Another Note...

STARGATE - ANTIQUED BRASS & CARNELIAN DIAL HOME
One of my "Jewelry Making Heros" is RockLove Jewelry. The owner/designer, Allison is a genius. Everytime I see her work I ask myself one simple question. "Why am I not studying under her?" I mean... LOOK! 

The piece pictured is Handcrafted in New York City by RockLove in official collaboration with Stargate. I mean... seriously. I would love to be doing stuff like this. I have quite a bit more to learn before I try anything like officially licensed works. But One day...

Here's a little bit from her site:



Find out for yourself.
And...

No comments:

Post a Comment